Beit Tehila is a Hebrew term that means “house of praise.”
- We are a community of believers in Yeshua (Jesus) that teach the Hebrew roots of the Christian faith.
- We are led by the Holy Spirit and are a Spirit-filled congregation.
- We teach the Bible through the arts (dancing, drama, singing, etc.)
- We love God.
- We love each other.
THE BEIT TEHILA TIMELINE
The founders of Beit Tehila are Randy and Lori (Tikvah) Dryer along with their two daughters Danielle and Dina.
1978 Saved, baptized in water, filled with the Holy Spirit with the gift of speaking in tongues, gifts flowing, loving God, and growing together in our new life together as husband and wife.
1989 God began to move on us as a family along with Danielle and Dina for more of Him. We started evaluating our relationship with God and knew that there must be more. And there was! We were led to a church that confirmed what God was showing us.
We had prophetic words that God was birthing a ministry through us and the calling of Pastors was on our lives. Then came the restoration of things long ago…
- Restoration of the Dance and High Praise
Psalm 150:3-6 “Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high-sounding cymbals.
Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.”
- Gods covenant is relevant for today
Hebrews 8:8 “For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:”
Hebrews 8:9 “Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.”
Hebrews 8:10 “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:”
- Conviction of God’s instructions for His children and the promises
Genesis 26:4-5 “And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.”
- Celebrating the Feasts of the Lord
Leviticus 23:2 “Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.”
- Returning to the land of Israel, is a promise given to Abram and His seed
Genesis 13:14-15 “And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.”
1991 Dance ministry forming and meeting in our home at 1202 Lithia Pinecrest Road, with at least 10-20 people. Began to meet and God started bringing out revelation of His word.
Daughters of Zion
- Dance ministry was birthed and called Daughters of Zion. Later changed to Tabernacles of Praise.
Numbers 24:5 “How goodly are thy tents, O Jacob, and thy tabernacles, O Israel!”
- Meeting in a home for feast celebrations
- Shabbat 4th commandment
- Celebrating Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement) and Rosh Hashanah (Trumpets)
- Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot)
- Blowing Shofars
We were on The Hebrew Road…
- Torah was being introduced, two houses (Ephraim and Judah), eating clean and not the unclean
FIRST MEETING PLACE
We moved next door to 1200 Lithia Pinecrest Road, Brandon, FL 33511.
Why the move, we needed more room. For what?
Dancing, feasting, and digging into the Word of God
We were being introduced to the Messianic community more and more.
We always had a heart for the Jewish People
1992 Meeting in the home for bible studies and feast celebrations
1993 Meeting in the home for bible studies and feast celebrations
- Our intercession/prayers consisted of dancing, shofars, flags, banners, tambourines
1994 Meeting in the home for bible studies and feast celebrations
- 1st Israel trip – Feast of Tabernacles
Deuteronomy 16:16-17 “Three times in a year shall all thy males appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose; in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles: and they shall not appear before the LORD empty: Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the LORD thy God which he hath given thee.”
Jerusalem – II Chronicles 6:6
2nd Tithe – Deuteronomy 14:25
That brought big changes into our lives as a family. Our Hebrew roots were strengthening.
1995 Meeting in the home for bible studies and feast celebrations
- Met the Wooten’s (Angus and Batya) and started our first Annual Passover Celebration
- Who Is Israel and Take Two Tablets (2 Books by the Wooten’s)
- More Revelation came through our relationship with them
- We met Lenny and Varda Harris (Messianic Jews and Musicians)
1996 Meeting in the home for bible studies and feast celebrations
- 2nd Israel trip – Feast of Tabernacles (2 sticks banner Ezekiel 37)
- More revelation on the two houses (Ephraim and Judah)
SECOND MEETING PLACE
1997 Meeting at Crosswalk Church in Valrico
- 3rd Israel trip – Feast of Tabernacles
- Danielle Dryer and Nick Plummer began their Courtship on October 19, 1997 in Jerusalem
More worship, dance, celebration
THIRD MEETING PLACE
1998 Meeting at Methodist Church in Riverview
- Filed for a F.E.I.N number & registered for our Beit Tehila name
- Opened the treasury (ministry checking account)
- 1st Corporate meeting for Tabernacles of Praise ministries under the Non-Profit corporation of the House of David Ministries 501(c) (3)
- 4th Israel Trip – Feast of Tabernacles
FOURTH MEETING PLACE
1999 Meeting at Tampa Bay Christian Church in Brandon, Saturday at 6 pm – Fellowship Hall
- Annual Passover Celebration
- More prophetic words
- Danielle Dryer and Nick Plummer married on July 24, 1999
- 5th Israel trip
- Revelation of the Torah by Rabbi Messer of Simchat Torah Beit Midrash in Colorado (Beginning of our first Torah cycle in the fall)
2000 Meeting at Tampa Bay Christian, Saturday at Noon – Sanctuary
- Pastor Randy’s Hebrew Ordination by Rabbi Ralph Messer 01/08/00
- Recognized the call of God on Randy
- 6th Israel Trip
FIFTH MEETING PLACE
2001 Meeting at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Tampa
- Torah studies, Shabbat Service, Passover Celebrations
- 1st Annual “Restoration of the Tabernacle of David Conference”
Conference Theme “Worshiper, Warriors, Watchmen”
- We were seeing the need for our own place
- Planning stages of land at 1705 Lithia Pinecrest Road
- 7th Israel trip
SIXTH MEETING PLACE
2001 Meeting at Dominion Harvest Church
- Praise, worship, teaching, betrothals, commissioning
- A lot of growth took place, and around 200 people
SEVENTH MEETING PLACE
2002 Meeting at Embassy Suites in Tampa
- Came under the umbrella of our 501c3 of Simchat Torah Beit Midrash
- Dina Dryer and Russell Messer were Betrothed on February 9, 2002
- Pastor Nick’s Hebrew Ordination by Rabbi Ralph Messer and Pastor Randy Dryer on April 27, 2002
- 2nd Annual “Restoration of the Tabernacle of David Conference”
Conference Theme “Lost Sheep of the House of Israel”
- Prayer over land
- Preparing to enter the land
- 1st Building
- 2nd Building
- Started meeting in the modular at 1705 Lithia Pinecrest Road (previously owned by 7 Day Adventist), September 20th, 2002
- Pastor Randy found out he had cancer in August of this year.
- Lori’s name changed to Tikvah (Hope)
- Pastor Randy went on to be with the Lord on November 17th, 2002 and God was with us every step of the way.
Torah portion read: Vayetse “And He Sent” Jacob returned to Israel.
Genesis 28:10-32:3, Hosea 12:13-14:10; 11:7-14:10, John 1:43-51
I Corinthians 15:54-55 “So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?”
17 means: “victory” …he had victory over death
Scriptures gave me hope and peace to know that God was in control….
Philippians 1:20-21 “According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.”
Isaiah 57:1-2 “The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come. He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness.”
Ecclesiastes 8:8 “There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death:”
All I could figure out was that it was a testing of the hearts
Daniel 11:35 “And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.”
Two lasting sayings Pastor Randy said before he went home was:
We need a bigger building and you’re going forward Beit Tehila!
Pastors Nick and Danielle Plummer began leading the Congregation on November 17th, 2002
EIGHTH MEETING PLACE
September 2002-2003 Meeting at 1705 Lithia Pinecrest Road as Beit Tehila Congregation
- Feast celebrations
- 8th Israel trip
- 3rd Annual “Restoration of the Tabernacle of David Conference”
Conference Theme “One Nation One King”
2004 Meeting at 1705 Lithia Pinecrest Road
- Feast celebrations
- 9th Israel trip
- 4th Annual “Restoration of the Tabernacle of David Conference”
Conference Theme “The Children of the Promise”
- Dina Dryer and Russell Messer married on September 5, 2004
2005 Meeting at 1705 Lithia Pinecrest Road
- Feast celebrations
- 10th Israel trip
- 5th Annual “Restoration of the Tabernacle of David Conference”
Conference Theme “Awakening of the Bride”
2006 Meeting at 1705 Lithia Pinecrest Road
- Feast celebrations
- 11th Israel trip
- 6th Annual “Restoration of the Tabernacle of David Conference”
Conference Theme “Preparation of the Bride”
2007 Meeting at 1705 Lithia Pinecrest Road
- Feast celebrations
- 12th Israel trip
- 7th Annual “Restoration of the Tabernacle of David Conference”
Conference Theme “Life of the Bride”
2008 Meeting at1705 Lithia Pinecrest Road
- Presented Building Plans
- Feast celebrations
- 13th Israel trip
- 8th Annual “Restoration of the Tabernacle of David Conference”
Conference Theme “Journey of the Bride”
- 14th Israel Trip
- 9th Annual “Restoration of the Tabernacle of David Conference”
Conference Theme “The Heart of the Bride”
- 15th Israel Trip
- 10th Annual “Restoration of the Tabernacle of David Conference”
Conference Theme “Prepare Ye the Way”
- Pastor Tikvah married June 19th to Timothy Kolbo and moved to Iowa
- June 25th building pledges
- What sets us apart: Our Hebrew roots of our faith in Yeshua…
Knowing we are Israel!
The Hebrew Road continues…
New Sanctuary during Tabernacle’s (Occupancy September 19th) (Dedication 21st)
- 15 years a ministry (1998) REST-PEACE-NEW JERUSALEM
- The vision that Pastor Randy and Pastor Tikvah had has come to pass.
- You are in a position to do great exploits in His name.
- There will be a new vision for this place. New and fresh moves of the spirit of God.
A prophetic progression has taken place at Beit Tehila
The first stage of places we met at was likened to “Moses Tabernacle” we were traveling setting up and tearing down.
The second place was the Modular “David’s Tabernacle”. Stationary, Conferences, the doors were swung wide open for all to come.
The third place is Solomon’s Temple prophetic picture of the future temple Mt Zion.
Beit Tehila is going forward and there is more!
Jeremiah 29:11 (AMP) “For I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”